Xeikon has taken another strategic step forward with the announcement of new areas of innovation. The Xeikon vision has always been to offer printers and converters a clear and viable pathway to digital transformation. With its comprehensive portfolio and raft of new and innovative digital printing solutions, Xeikon is now ready to move to the next level.
Printers and converters are searching for solutions that will enable them to achieve business growth, provide the highest quality and offer creative products to meet today’s ever-evolving consumer demand. Online ordering has increased the need for automation, high-quality colour controls and faster production speeds. Xeikon’s extensive and innovative digital portfolio, in-depth knowledge of digital technology and long-standing experience working with companies that move to digital has positioned them as the world’s go-to advisor for businesses looking to safeguard the future of their print production and manufacturing operations.
Filip Weymans, Vice President of Marketing, states: “In the last year, Xeikon has launched several new innovations and products. Now, printers and converters are truly able to see our vision materializing and what that can mean for them. The careful build and structure of our portfolio is about to bear fruit, and we are now ready to present even more exciting innovations that will open up a way toward a digital future and ‘lights out’ production and manufacturing.”
Xeikon’s innovations include new product introductions in different aspects of the print manufacturing workflow – digital production presses, services and workflow:
Digital Production Presses
- Xeikon Cheetah 2.0 dry toner technology: Now cloud-connected with man/machine and machine/machine interfaces where the machines are in constant communication with each other, driving and monitoring print jobs with full automation. Earlier this year, Xeikon introduced two new models: the CX30 and the CX50 entry level dry-toner presses.
- Panther 2.0 UV InkJet technology: New Panther models will include the Xeikon PX2200 and Xeikon PX3300, replacing the PX2000 and PX3000.
- Xeikon’s Label Converting Unit (LCU) series: Within Xeikon’s portfolio, they are specifically designed for converting industries and printing businesses. The LCUs, formally named D-Coat, are also cloud connected with machine/machine interfaces. There are various options to choose from, e.g. entry level, wide web, narrow web and high-end as well as more modular offerings.
With each cloud-connected solution, operators can monitor print manufacturing from anywhere on the shop floor by viewing the interfaces/dashboards 24/7 on a smartphone or any other device.
Xeikon Colour Services
- Xeikon’s XCS Pro 2.0 is a cloud-connected breakthrough in colour management, it is a unique automated toolbox for the highest quality printed products. Extra capabilities include full automation for ‘on-the-fly’ profiling, colour profile monitoring and adjusting. It is now possible on a Xeikon press to automatically recalibrate the colour profile when an issue arises. The operator is alerted automatically, and the problem is automatically escalated to the production manager if it persists. Importantly, XCS 2.0 can now be used for making color profiles on a variety of different platforms such as a flexo press, offset press, screen printing with digital or any competitors press. This extends what can currently be achieved and expands the variety of applications and materials that can be worked with. The Xeikon XCS 2.0 also has the advantage of simplifying the process for the printer and manufacturer as it covers all their needs for high-end color management.
- A fundamental and key component of the workflow is Xeikon’s X-800 Digital Front End (DFE). The X-800 unifies every facet of Xeikon’s digital portfolio. Xeikon is now extending the capabilities of its X-800 workflow even further to expand and enhance the range of possible applications. The label version of the X-800 will now include Xeikon VARI ONE variable data workflow and combine it with Panther durable haptic printing and with Xeikon’s FEU (Fusion Embellishment Unit). This truly unique development is set to offer the highest levels of variable imagery available today. With this unique capability, the X-800 will drive both the Panther and the Cheetah series of presses towards digital transformation.
Filip Weymans concludes, “With our latest innovations, printers and converters will be able to address the current and future needs of print buyers and brand owners. Having clear insight into their production environments means they can monitor progress and make quick and flexible decisions on the fly. This is why digitization can be a game changer. When we install the first digital press at a company’s site, we are with that company every step of their growth journey. They quickly realize the productivity, growth and profit benefits of implementing a fully automated digital print manufacturing process. Everyone knows that making changes in a company’s strategy and operations can be difficult. Xeikon stands as the go-to advisor for printers and converters looking to the future for their growth and sustainable profitability.”