Major new release includes cloud technology innovation, for optimum performance with easier access and deployment across the entire business
“Designed and built by packaging experts, for packaging experts, Automation Engine has established itself over many years as the benchmark for optimized prepress workflow automation,” said Jan De Roeck, Esko Director of Marketing, Strategy and Industry Relations. “This latest release represents a major step forward for Automation Engine. It introduces a cloud-based deployment option and an intuitive new web-based user experience that ensures even the most casual user will be able to initiate, communicate and work across teams effectively.”
Esko Automation Engine is the automated workflow solution that automates prepress tasks and integrates with business systems, which speeds up the process, and more importantly reduces the error rate and need for operator intervention. “Flexible to fit with individual business needs, scalable and customized to optimize individual workflows, Automation Engine has become the beating heart of the prepress process,” said Jan. “With this new release, the heart of the prepress is beating stronger than ever.
The next generation Automation Engine includes a host of new features including:
- NEW Software as a Service – the new cloud-based offering from Esko, which takes the prepress experience to a new level in terms of quality, productivity and connectivity. Automation Engine as SaaS not only reduces IT infrastructure overheads and headaches – such as flexible up-and-downscaling of server capacity, security, backup, guaranteed uptime and availability – but it also helps to boost operational productivity and cross-site working. Enjoy the operational benefits of standardized automated workflows while embracing the freedom of cloud-based computing
- NEW My WorkSpace – Improve team productivity with personalized work environments that provide quick and easy access to manage, monitor and launch workflows. A browser-based, customizable layout offers shortcuts, improved search filters, ability to access Jobs and Products and launch workflows all from one location
- NEW web-based UX – Ensure adoption by users of all levels. Empower teams with the ability to access anytime, from anywhere via the new, secure web interface. Collaborate easily and simply on jobs with user-driven views, simplified navigation and improved search and selection tools.
- NEW “drop zone” – Save time with configurable asset ‘drop zones’ that make building and launching workflows quicker and easier. Users can search and select workflows, drag and drop files to it, edit parameters and initiate – all from one location
- NEW Viewing and QA – Guarantee quality with the ability to view files quickly and easily, and conduct detailed quality checks before going to the press
- Jobs & Products views – quickly and easily search jobs and assets. Access files, view their status and launch workflows all from one workspace
Esko developed Automation Engine SaaS in response to the ongoing challenges faced by its customers, and feedback from early adopters has been very positive.
“With Automation Engine SaaS we can centralize resources in terms of expertise, software and hardware, delivering cost and time savings and reducing operational risks,” said Mark King, Technical Manager – Division, Essentra Packaging. “Therefore, this is great timing and exactly in line with Essentra’s strategy for 2021 and beyond.”
Marybeth Foss, Senior Enterprise Prepress Architect, Fortis Solutions Group, praised the SaaS solution’s reduced IT requirements. “The biggest benefit for us has been the hands-off IT deployment and maintenance,” said Marybeth. “The simplicity of the cloud-based offer means that we have the ability to build and grow, but with none of the traditional infrastructure considerations and challenges. It keeps us operationally agile and ideally prepared for the future.”
For more on how the new Esko Automation Engine standardizes your processes across all locations and boosts operational productivity and capacity by quickly and easily sharing jobs from site to site, please visit: https://innovation.esko.com/en/labels-flexibles/automation-engine
Esko, a Danaher company, is a global provider of integrated software and hardware solutions that digitize, automate and connect the go-to-market process of consumer goods.
For CPG and Pharma brand owners, the Esko collaborative content creation platform for packaging, label, and marketing collateral equips marketing, branding, regulatory, and packaging teams to increase productivity, reduce costs, save time in their content processes, and consistently meet their deadlines for marketing and packaging projects.
For packaging manufacturers, the Esko range of prepress, flexo platemaking and print inspection solutions connects people, processes and tools and brings consumer products to life with accuracy, quality, efficiency and speed.
Packaging for 9 out of 10 major brands is produced by Esko customers.
Headquartered in Gent, Belgium, Esko operates worldwide with a unique focus on packaging and labels the consumer can trust.
To find out more, please visit www.esko.com