Epson’s SurePress L-6534VW now offers options to integrate GM jumbo unwinder and in-line converter, providing increased productivity solutions for high volume label production.
Epson has announced that its latest UV inkjet digital label press is able to run in-line with a GM LUW500 jumbo roll unwinder, an AVT or BST inspection station and a GM DC330 finishing line. This collaboration provides an integrated, productive and streamlined label printing and finishing solution to meet high volume label production demands.
This new capability is ideal for label converters looking to improve operational efficiency for longer print runs, while maintaining the versatility needed for shorter print jobs.
New in-line connection options available for the SurePress L-6534VW include:
- Jumbo unwinder – By minimising operator intervention, the GM LUW500 maximises productivity. The unwind module is fully synchronised to the press with stepless electronic tension setting, roll pick up from the floor and an easy-to-use graphic touch screen.
- Inspection system – Available from AVT or BST, inspection systems provide additional support for process control and quality assurance where necessary, to meet specific production demands.
- In-line finisher – The GM DC330 finisher is capable of high-speed production. It can be operated as a fully integrated in-line converter or off-line for flexible finishing options.
Bruce Bealby, general manager – marketing at Epson Australia, commented: “The result of over 10 years collaboration with GM, these innovative and proven connection options for our SurePress UV inkjet digital presses will provide an even more productive solution for streamlined, end-to-end, high volume label production. It’s an exciting development that we are confident will open even greater possibilities for our customers.”
- The SurePress L-6534VW digital inkjet label press is designed for high productivity and outstanding finish at print speeds up to 50 m/min. Its key features include:
- Built-in reliability and stability functions to ensure consistent high-quality print results time after time
- UV LED pinning between colours enabling sharper text and smoother vignettes
- Nozzle Verification Technology that detects blocked nozzles and performs automatic head cleaning to reduce wastage and downtime
- Supports a wide range of paper and film label substrates between 80 and 320 microns in thickness, with a printable width of 330 mm
- Standard configuration includes corona treater, web cleaner, white ink, digital varnish, and an additional UV curing unit
- Print heads, inks and web control system are all developed, manufactured and serviced by Epson.
Remote demonstrations of the full configuration will be available from Epson Australia facilities.
To view the Epson SurePress L-6534VW inline solution in action go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi-bH9FVVhc
The SurePress L-6534VW in-line connection options will be available from June 2021.
Follow Epson on social media: